Friday 31 January 2014

Public Transit and the Best LRT Operator

There is one LRT driver who chats over the loud speaker to his passengers as they commute to and from work. He give the stop coming up next, weather updates, what time the Oilers or Riders are playing (and who they are playing) as well as his daily thoughts. He has a lovely soothing voice and I honestly could listen to him all day. I was lucky enough to ride the train on my way home when he was operating it one day. A few choice quotes from the ride:
 “Thank you for choosing our service and lightening your carbon footprint”.
“I hope you all have a marvelous evening and hopefully I will see you all tomorrow”.
 “Sometimes I worry that I take so many people downtown in the mornings that everyone won’t come back in the afternoon”.

No comments:

Post a Comment